enterprise:inmation is an industrial information management system built for the IoT and Industry 4.0 age. It lets industrial manufacturers, system vendors and integrators create a uniform real-time data infrastructure out of heterogeneous sensor, device and systems environments, distributed on super-regional scale. An infinitely scalable real-time data middleware for the enterprise, a true system of systems.
We are celebrating early adopter market success with fortune 500 customers and search for talented, high-motivated team players, helping us to reach next levels of global recognition and further pace setting.
All advertised positions are gender-neutral. inmation is a multi-cultural company by the heart.
We are looking for a
Senior C++ Server Developer
Our core development team is small and dynamic. Every developer counts and is expected to make a difference. While your role is nominally in server-side C++ development, we expect that your knowledge and experience are substantially broader, and there will be occasions for you to demonstrate that. The word ‘senior’ in your title is not a gimmick: we expect – and will verify – that you are very knowledgeable and experienced in the art of computer programming in general and in C++ in particular. Our philosophy is simple: fundamental knowledge is never obsolete, while cool things come and go.
You will join our core server development team and help ensuring further compliance with customer demands and future use cases. Tasks will be defined and tracked in conjunction with our head of development and the product architect. The way how the system is designed and built will give you creative room to help strengthening our unique feature set in the industry.
- You do professional programming for years or decades, mainly in C++ (and beyond). You are fluent in the language and its latest standards and extensions.
- You have worked on professional software products, preferably on the server side, ideally in the field of distributed mass data processing and real-time systems.
- You have a good understanding of industrial IT environments (automation systems, interoperability standards, interfaces). In the best case you have already implemented high-volume interfaces such as OPC, ODBC and the like.
- You either master the Windows or Linux server platform. Ideally both.
- You have interest in co-technologies such as MongoDB, Lua, Python and the like.
- You are familiar with the latest Microsoft development tools - VS/TFS. The modern software development cycle and tooling should just be something you know, and if you have not worked with a particular platform, IDE, compiler, source control or bug tracking system, you should be able to get going with minimal babysitting.
- We expect you holding a university degree in a science subject, preferably computer science or mathematics.
- You speak English fluently and have the right "get things done" attitude.
Your assignment will either be in the headquarter in Cologne/Germany or in our branch office in the High-Tech Campus in Eindhoven/Netherlands.
We are looking forward to meeting you soon in person. inmation is a fast growing technical innovator still keeping a family-like attitude across a group of highly passionate individuals.